Maestas Development Group, a leader in real estate development throughout New Mexico and in Texas, seeks an experienced development manager to plan and oversee a wide array of commercial real estate development projects from start to finish. The primary role of the Development Manager is to organize and manage the acquisition, design, entitlement, construction, and turnover of our projects to ensure the completion of our projects on time, in accordance with agreed upon requirements, and within budget. The Development Manager will also be a key contributor to the underwriting, financing, marketing, leasing and disposition work on our projects. Outstanding communication and negotiation skills; excellent organization and time management; a dedication to customer service; integrity; strong work ethic; and the ability to work effectively in a team environment are crucial qualifications for this position. The ideal candidate is a team player with demonstrated leadership skills, is reliable and committed to consistently meeting goals and deadlines. Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Participate in the pre-acquisition and conceptual level project visioning including providing or procuring initial site and building layouts, establishing design & development criteria, and preparing preliminary budgets and timelines for projects.
- Collaborate with other internal team members on the due diligence process for the acquisition of properties as needed, including obtaining and reviewing necessary reports and surveys and updating preliminary designs, budgets and schedules based on obtained information.
- Participate in the leasing and disposition process through the review of work letters and delivery requirements, development of schedules for contract milestones, providing key information needed for the transaction, and coordinating with tenants and purchaser throughout the process.
- Assemble all required outside consultants, contractors and vendors necessary for each project. Negotiate and manage all contracts and agreements including the review and approval of all payments for outside team members.
- Coordinate and manage all internal and outside team members through the design, entitlement, permitting, construction, and turnover of projects. Participate or lead meetings with governmental agencies or community members as needed. Provide review of construction documents for compliance with established project criteria.
- Manage the bidding process on projects including providing necessary bid package information, qualifying contractors, reviewing bids, and preparing and negotiating construction contracts.
- Monitor and report on construction activities with a focus on adherence to project goals, plans, budget and schedule. Review and approve pay applications and change orders. Participate in final project walkthrough and obtain close out information needed for property. Facilitate a success turnover of properties to tenants or property management.
- Continually monitor project budgets and schedules to ensure project goals are being met. Maintain an understanding of cost trends and communicating impacts on proposed projects. Provide internal team member with updates on project status and any critical items.
- Solution Provider
- Growth Minded
- Absolute Ownership of Outcomes
DESIRED SKILLS & TRAITS
- 8-10 years of experience in real estate development, construction, architecture or civil engineering and a preference for at least 5 years’ experience as a project manager associated with real estate development projects.
- Experience in both horizontal and vertical retail and mixed-use development projects
- Experience in multiple aspects of the real estate development process (acquisitions, financial analysis, entitlement, design, leasing, construction).
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, construction, real estate development or a related field preferred or equivalent job experience in development will be considered.
- Computer proficiency including project scheduling software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team on a multi-project workload.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Proven customer servicer orientation
- Strong work ethic and sense of integrity
Pre-employment drug screen and background check required. Applications will be held for 30 days or until the position is filled.
We are ALL about culture and fit. MDG is a tribe of ninjas that fight together and win together. We are diligent about the hiring process because we believe selecting the right team member is essential to achieving our mission: to make this place better.
Take the first step and complete our survey.
Our future team member can expect the following process:
We will contact our top candidates regarding resumes and cover letters, so keep an eye on your email inbox!Complete Our Survey